Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 18, 2011 - Day Three

Today was a Tuesday, but it was a Monday, since yesterday was a holiday. Those kinds of days are always a bit off. I did a pretty good job of staying in happy mode. I stayed focused, and only daydreamed a little. I missed Steve mostly in the morning, when I first woke up. I always think he should be there, next to me, snoring. But we'll have to wait a year or so for that... long term planning...

The morning flew swiftly by, and the afternoon likewise. Then I was checking on the weather in Jamaica after school, and realized I wasn't being productive again. (possible thunderstorms, but 76 degrees - not too bad). Another thing I realized is that I wasn't jealous this time. I didn't mind that I was working while he was on vacation. Really! There were things that were much more important now. What mattered was his happiness. I honestly am praying for him to have good weather, a lot of laughs, and just a wonderful time. Of course I wish I were there, but not because of the cruise, just because of being with him. I am a little taken aback at this realization. (not jealous... weird for me... probably because I'm so competitive) I wonder if ... I'm pretty sure I haven't... ever been so unselfish, benevolent, concerned for someone else's happiness and welfare... must be love.

I am overwhelmed at the divine character traits that he inspires in me.

So, I received his cards today. He mailed 5 (he said) for me to open one a day. I only got four in the mail. I opened the one addressed "open Monday". It had $2 inside, with instructions to purchase a Super Lotto, and Mega Millions Lottery ticket. I was too late for the Mega drawing, but bought a Super Lotto, and will get a Mega when they are on sale again for Friday's draw. The other instruction inside was to play "Walking on Sunshine" and dance around the kitchen. I put the kids to bed, and turned on the ipod. I started dancing, and Hunter got up out of his bed. I was furious that he had ruined my moment, and chastised him for being out of bed. After a few minutes of reflection, I got both him and Jeremy out of bed, turned the song back on, and tried to get them to dance with me. Jeremy was willing, but Hunter I had to force. I think they both had fun, though. I have to remember to include them in my joy and silly dances - even when they don't really understand it.

No comments: