Sunday, December 4, 2011

Monterey...

One of the most perfect weekends...

Steve and I decided to meet in Monterey. We both left our houses about the same time, and had about the same distance to travel (about 3-1/2 hours). Our ETA was a few minutes after 1:00pm. He forgot to tell me he was stopping for lunch, so when I arrived and he said he was still 40 minutes away, I decided to go down town and grap a bite myself. I found the cutest little cafe, sat on a sidewalk table, and had a great cup of clam chowder and a big green salad. The weather was about as good as you can get in the winter - clear blue skies, wispy clouds, no wind, and a respectable 65 degrees, or thereabouts. Just as I was finishing my salad, Steve texted that he had arrived, and I headed back toward the hotel.

I found his truck after driving around the building, and parked near it. I was fumbling around trying to organize myself when he tapped on the window. I jumped a little, and couldn't help but smile. His eyes were smiling too, and his lips, plump, pink, juicy lips, that I couldn't wait to kiss. I dropped everything, and reached for the door handle. I'm not sure who it was that opened that door, but I quickly stood within inches of him. We approached each other's lips slowly, carefully, tasting a little, pulling back, heightening the tension, until we were entwined with arms, lips, legs, and body. I still feeling that same feeling... wanting to melt into him, to become part of him.

When we finally released our embrace. We exchanged pleasantrises about the drive, the hotel, and the immediate possibilities for activities (as our room was not yet ready). We decided to go for a walk.

Adjacent to the hotel was what looked like a small pond and park. So we decided to go for a walk. I grabbed my jacket. He grabbed my hand. And off we went. There was a wide dirt path that circumvented the pond, and we laughed and talked about the ducks and geese that were swimming happily in the sunshine. There were other smaller birds dodging in and out of the tall reeds growing along the edge of the pond. And a little further down the path, I realized that the pond was much larger than I had thought, and the path meandered away to a grassy area and playground. We followed it to its end, then back and around the other side of the pond. All the while holding hands and chatting about movies, and politics, and children, and the moon. There were no topics off limits, and rarely a lull in the conversation.

By the time we returned to the hotel, our room was ready. The desk clerk gave Steve directions, and we followed the map, moved the vehicles around, found the luggage carts, and took our load up to the second floor in the elevator, where Steve unloaded our things and persuaded me to ride the luggage cart back down.

No comments: